A graduate of Salpointe Catholic High School and the University of Arizona College of Law, Robert S. Pearson is a Tucson native and civil/business litigator. With jury-trial and arbitration experience, Mr. Pearson litigates high-stakes cases in federal and state court across a range of practice areas, including general civil litigation; commercial and contract litigation; employment litigation; education law and Title IX; governmental and public entity law; trust and estate litigation; personal-injury law; and real estate litigation. Although much of Mr. Pearson’s practice involves disputes in court (trial and appellate), Mr. Pearson routinely advises companies and individuals on compliance issues and pre-lawsuit disputes—helping clients manage risk and efficiently resolve disputes when they arise, guiding clients through relevant legal and regulatory issues, strategy, and public-relations sensitivities.
Mr. Pearson’s representative cases include obtaining dismissal at the motion to dismiss stage for real estate developer client facing multi-count lawsuit in federal court arising from a Costa Rican hotel-development project; defending major university in high-profile litigation involving student athletes and claims for negligent employment and Title IX violations; defending government entities and employees in high-profile personal injury cases involving claims of various governmental negligence.
Mr. Pearson has a passion for the law—especially for legal writing. He believes writing matters to effective advocacy; and he enjoys putting that passion to work to advocate for his clients.
- Residential Security Deposits: Does A.R.S. § 33-1321 Require Itemizations? The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (November 2017)
- Fee-shifting Basics Part Two: Interplay Between A.R.S. § 12-341.01(A) and Contractual Fees Provisions, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (July 2017)
- Fee-shifting Basics: Understanding A.R.S. § 12-341.01, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (Jan. 2017) (co-author)
- Judge Bostwick Takes Her Seat, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (Sept. 2016)
- Writing Matters – Brief Tips, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (Mar. 2016) (offering tips to improve court briefs)
- Writing Matters, The Writ (Pima Cnty. Bar Ass’n.) (Oct. 2015) (suggesting that lawyers should pay closer attention to their writing)
Prior Law-Related Employment
- United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
- Snell & Wilmer LLP
- Fennemore Craig PC
- Rusing Lopez & Lizardi PLLC
- Full CV available upon request
- State Bar of Arizona
- Pima County Bar Association
- Executive Leadership Team, American Heart Association, Heart Ball 2022